Just Show Up!

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
 Thomas Edison

taunya-running-600-600

Hey There:

One of the biggest mistakes we make in our lives lies in trying to be perfect.  I am totally guilty of trying to be little miss perfect.  The problem with perfectionism is that it causes us to procrastinate.  We end up procrastinating because there is that little voice in the back of our head doubting that we can accomplish whatever the task is at hand.

But, guess what?

80% of life and accomplishing goals is showing up.  The other 20% is the perfection piece.

Here is a perfect example…

 I decided 6 months ago that I was going to run a half marathon in October.  I have been a runner for 33 years and it was just a goal to up my training so I had something to strive for.  Everything was right on schedule until about 5 weeks ago.  A major life event kind of got in my way and upset my training schedule.

Let’s just say- a lack of sleep and trying to not get sick for the last month caused me to instinctually back off my training.  Now, I could have totally not shown up this last saturday to run the marathon.  No one would have blamed me thought twice about me not doing the run.  But, I would have known and I would not have felt good about myself for giving in.

So, I showed up to do my run even though I had been up since 2:00 in the morning.  I started the run and knew immediately that I had my work cut out for me.  I totally didn’t have it.  It was one of the hardest runs I have had in a really long time, but I finished!  

You know what?  That was good enough for me! 

You don’t need perfection, you just need to make progress.  

You don’t have to hit a home run, just get on base!

I invite you to put your butt on the line and take a risk.  Make a list of 5 things you want to do even if your scared to death.

p.s.  Need some help getting motivated?  Respond to this email and we can set up a time to talk!